SharePoint 2013 sites were responding really slow. In the event viewer, Event ID 8311 was appearing every 15 minutes or so.
- Get the “SharePoint Root Authority” certificate as a physical (.cer) file. To get the certificate
- Launch the SharePoint 2010 PowerShell window as Administrator
$rootCertificate = (Get-SPCertificateAuthority).RootCertificate $rootCertificate.Export("Cert")|Set-Content C:\SharePointRootAuthority.cer -Encoding byte
The .cer file exported in this step can be used on other servers in the farm without having to run the PowerShell commands again.
- Import the “SharePoint Root Authority” certificate to the Trusted Root Certification store.
Now that we have the certificate file exported from SharePoint, we can add it to the server’s Trusted Root Certification Authorities list of certificates.
- Go to Start > Run > MMC > Enter
- File >Add/Remove Snap-in
- Certificates > Add > Computer account > Next >
- Local computer > Finish > OK
- Expand Certificates (Local Computer), expand Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Right-click Certificates > All tasks > Import
- Next > Browse > navigate to the location where you saved .cer file earlier and select it >Open > Next > Next > Finish > OK
You should see improvement in site’s performance and the error will not come up anymore.